What is Cursillo?
Cursillo is intended to help Christians learn and live what is fundamental to being a Christian. It is to help these same Christians discover and live out a personal vocation. Cursillo is a ministry of the Episcopal Church, under the authority of the Presiding and Diocesan Bishops. The goal of Cursillo is to bring the world to Christ by empowering adult Christian leaders. It uses a specific Cursillo Method which equips and encourages Christians to live out their Baptismal Covenant in service to Christ. *Brochure available if you would like to know more.Cursillo is a Ministry within the Diocese of Eastern North Carolina.
Make a friend, Be a friend, Bring a friend to Christ
Cursillo Weekends - Held at Trinity Center, Salter Path NC
- November 10-13, 2022. EC #101-Weekend Rector Donna Roraback
- April 27-30, 2023.EC #102 - Weekend Rector David Silvia
- November 8-12, 2023. EC #103 - Weekend Rector Carla Richardson
LaPaz Ultreya - meaning “Onward”meeting of larger community group with friendship, fellowship and fun!
Lay Rector - Diane Hatfield
Music - Leslie Bowman/Suzie Shelton
Palanca Chair - Ken Hadley (Washington)
Treasurer - Aynn Hadley (Washington)
Meets as a larger community group 2-4 times a year
Churches in LaPaz Ultreya participating in Cursillo
St. Timothy’s - Greenville
Zion - Washington
St. Peter’s - Washington
St. Mary’s - Kinston
St. John’s - Grifton
St. Andrew’s - Goldsboro
Cursillo Reunion Groups
Cursillo Reunion Groups from St Timothy’s - Jesus said “where two or three gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. (Matthew 18:20) Purpose is to help members mature in faith, hope and love.Smaller groups 3-10 members - Piety, Study and Action.
- Early Morning Bunch meets at Egg Yolk Restaurant on Tuesday Mornings at 7 am, contact Jim Williams if you would like more information, this group has a book study
- Lunch Bunch meets at Various Local Restaurants on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 12:30 contact Suzie Shelton for more information.
- Evening Group meets 1st and 3rd Thursdays at St. Timothy’s Firepit/MultiPurpose Building at 6:30 pm contact Diane Hatfield or Margaret Suggs for more information, intermittently has a book study.
- Mid Morning Coffee Hour - Marty Michaels is interested in starting a reunion group, she would love for you to contact and join her.
Cursillo Participants also Host the Annual Pancake Supper (Shrove Tuesday) monies raised help support Cursillo Ministry
All are welcome to ask question, attend a reunion group or Ultreya.
Contact Cursillo or Diane Hatfield