Having evaluated the increased risks associated with the Delta variant of the COVID 19 virus, we have decided to continue to offer our in-person worship with the following guidelines:
- Wear a mask at all times while indoors.
- Keep 6 feet of distance between you and others who do not live in your household.
- Remain in your seat for the passing of the peace.
- Stand or kneel as Holy Communion is brought to you in your seat.
- Please try to take conversations after the service outside.
- Use hand sanitizers and wash your hands often.
As you consider whether in person worship is the right choice for you, please know:
- We are currently allowing all lectors, readers, and preachers to remove their mask while at the lectern with the belief that they have sufficient distance from the closest person to decrease risk of transmission.
- The risk of transmission through the distribution of Holy Communion does not seem to warrant the use of tongs and the sacrament of the bread will be given by hand.
- Our current policy does allow for congregational singing while wearing masks.
- Though we hope all of our members and visitors are vaccinated, we do not make that assumption and can only ask that each individual do all that they can to protect themselves and others against the possibility of infection.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the church office at [email protected]
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,
The St. Timothy's Vestry